Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hatred is not a Christian Virtue

I don't know if anyone even reads this thing at this point, in fact I would bet that no one but I have at this point (If I'm wrong, leave a comment and correct me), but there is something I would like to get off of my Chest.

Christians are not to hate.

I know it sounds obvious, but think about it. How many "Christian" groups out there put forward a message of hate, supposedly in the name of God?

For Example, there is a whole Church website out there called "God hates Fags." run by a man who hates homosexuals. Granted, I believe that homosexuality is a sin. But I believe that not only is it unChristian, but indeed antiChristian, to hate homosexuals.

In Reality, the message of Christ was not "You are all sinners and I hate you, here is a ticket to hell", but "I love you so much that I am willing to die for you. Pleaseturn from the sin that is destroying you and share in the Life that only I can bring you."

Everyone, including Christians, are sinners. We are all in the same boat. If you have told a lie, if you have cheated on your taxes or said a hurtful thing about a friend, you are just as sinful, and just as deserving of Hell as Murderers, Adulterers and Hatemongers. Hell is for sinners, of which we all are.

The difference is this. Those who are covered in the Blood, are cleansed of our sins. He paid the price so that we do not have to. He gave us a Way out.

So, remember, God is not a God of hate, but of Love. He does not approve of your sin, but He wants to save you from it, not hate you for it.

No comments: