Friday, March 10, 2006

Grandpa gave me some records.

Grandpa left a bunch of old records for me. I got an unopened, sealed copy of Billy Joel's "The Stranger", Two copies of Sgt. Peppers, A hard Day's Night, Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic, Styx' Pieces of Eight (awesome Album, we have it on cd.), Kansas' Point of Know return, and a bunch of stuff from the 40's and 50's. He knew I loved music, especially classic rock.

He also left me his stereo. It plays CD, 8 Track, Am/Fm Radio and Records. The turntable unfortunately does not work, but it looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to fix. Dad has a friend who runs an electronic shop, maybe he could do it cheap. I would love to listen to my albums.

Chris got some golf clubs, and Grandpa's dog tags.

I finished my first speedrun on Metroid: Zero Mission. 2:25. Not that great. The Record is 0:50 or something close. My goal this second time around is to make it under 1:30, but it'll be difficult. Perhaps I should look at sequence breaking. My first attempt was a normal shot through.

When I get a respectable time on Zero Mission, I plan to try some other games, such as Fusion, or Super Mario World. I like newer games, but speedrunning is more fun for me on 2d platformers.

I think dad and Chris, and Dad's friend David may be going golfing soon. A gift from David to dad.

No comments: