Thursday, May 25, 2006

Name Calling.

On an Anglican forum I frequent, there is a debate on the "ordination"
of women to the priesthood. And after explaining our position from both
the Scriptures and the Teachings of the Christian Church throughout the
ages, those in favor of female ordination have started calling us Sexist.

I have also noticed this type of thing in the political realm as well.
On the current debate on illegal aliens, conservatives are often labeled
as "racist nativists".

I am neither a sexist nor a racist nativist.

1) I believe that Women can hold any secular position she desires.
However I believe there is one realm where women are at all limited. It
is clear in Scripture, that in the Church, women are not to be in
authority over men. I do not view women as inferior but simply different.

2) I am not a racist. Anyone who comes to our country through legal
means is welcome regardless of race. I simply do not support a porous
border for Terrorists to walk across. I also do not like the drain
illegals put on our economic system. I say again, if you get in line and
prove who you are, and prove you can contribute to our contry. Welcome in.

Name Calling is Silly.

4 comments:

Jonathan M said...

A breath of fresh air in a world of bashing and mudslinging to be sure.

Simon Templar said...

On the up side, if a liberal is calling you names, it means your winning :)

Mathaytace_Christou said...

I am going to be attending a local Community college.

I forget the name of the degree, but in the end I would end up repairing computers at a place like CompUSA.

I have to take a few technical classes and I have to take an introduction to BASIC. That intimidates me a bit, but overall I think this will work out.

Mathaytace_Christou said...

Oops. I commented on the wrong one lol.