Friday, June 09, 2006

A sick response to Al-Zarqawi's death. (Further thought on earlier post)

I am glad we got the guy. He was dangerous, and he is no longer so. It
is an unfortunate necessity that we kill men in war.

However, I am appalled at some of the responses I have heard on talk Radio.

Rush Limbaugh said he hoped Zarqawi suffered and begged for help. He
said he hoped he felt immense pain, and that the U.S. Army would drag
its feet in getting him medical help.

Glenn Beck joked about handing out cake in celebration.

Yes, I consider myself a Conservative, and for the most part enjoy these
shows. However I am foremost a Christian, and I am saddened by the fact
that this man is most likely in Hell. We are celebrating a wasted life?

Beck especially. While I do not consider him an orthodox Christian (he
is Mormon) he claims the name of Christ.

1 comment:

Jonathan M said...

An interesting thought. Is it wrong to rejoice in the destruction? Or should we mourn the loss of a soul...perhaps both?